Swimming Lessons for Children
Manning Aquatic Centre has partnered with Swimming Australia to bring you a new and effective swimming and water safety program, focused on experiential and activity-based learning. GOswim swimming lessons empower students to think, discuss and decide whilst having fun in and around water.
The curriculum covers seven areas of learning that are combined and presented as activities to enhance student development. Key learning areas include:
- Entries and exits
- Floating and sculling
- Movement, propulsion and stroke development
- Personal survival
- Underwater skills
- Rescue and emergency
- Water safety knowledge
Students Gain Access To
Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks.
Easy and Affordable Payments
With weekly payments, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering you a preferred lesson time.
Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes via the Junior Splash App.
Four Weeks FREE
Enjoy free family swim access for four weeks over summer period.
Plus, One Week Holiday Swim Program
One week Holiday Swim Program for either Fast Track or the Water Safety program.
Download The Junior Splash App
The GOswim program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia's Splash App to enhance parent communication with the swim school team.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students’ progress through our clearly defined pathway.
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students’ progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents gain access to online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and other assessment criteria.
- Parents gain awareness of student application of knowledge, skill and understanding of swimming and water safety.
Program Types Expand all
Infant Aquatics (6 months- 3 years old)
This is a water familiarisation class, facilitating interaction between baby, parent and instructor. These classes are designed not only to build the child’s confidence in the aquatic environment but also to provide the parent with the knowledge to assist in the child’s skill development. It is a fun class that incorporates songs, games, activities and plenty of encouragement.
Pre-School Program (3- 5 years old)
Pre-school classes start at three years of age. These classes are designed for water confidence, safety and co-ordination. Through games and activities, students are introduced to floating, kicking, submerging, controlled breathing and basic swim strokes. Parents are not required in the water for these classes.
School Age Program (5 years +)
The school age classes consist of a comprehensive program focusing on skill/stroke development, stroke correction, endurance, water safety and survival skills. School age classes cater for beginners to advanced students.
FAQs Expand all
What are the GOswim benefits?
It's never too early or late to learn how to swim! Our program ensures students learn and understand personal survival and water safety elements at all ages.Other Benefits Include:
- Establishing a strong and effective swimming technique
- Becoming empowered to think, discuss and decide
- Enhancing knowledge, skill and understanding
- Supported by professionally qualified teachers
What are the membership fees?
Membership fees are due and payable via direct debit. This fee covers the cost of the lesson and holds the student's place in class. A separate document detailing terms and conditions related to direct debit payments is available from reception.
What do i bring to each lesson?
- A towel
- A well, non-contagious student
- Goggles or cap, if the student prefers
- A swim nappy if your child is not toilet trained
- A happy and cheery smile with lots of energy
- Students membership card and rewards card
What if i miss a lesson?
The membership fee secures your place within the program class. Program membership does not include an option for missed lessons.
Prior notification and presentation of a medical certificate for the missed lesson will generate a Family Swim practice pass. This offers free pool entry on your next non-lesson visit to the centre. This pass is valid for one month from the date of issue.
Who does GOswim cater to?
- Infants with their parents - Children aged 6 months to 3.5 years
- Preschoolers - Children aged 3.5 - 5 years
- Primary school aged children - Children aged 5 years and above
- Junior Dolphins
- Adult swimming lessons